Jan 5, 2014

Rainbow Beauty Mini Haul ♥ REVIEW

Rainbow Beauty Sense of Care Hand Cream
I recently purchased two Rainbow Beauty Sense of Care Hand Creams w/ Shea Butter (and Paraben free) from a small vendor at one of my Korean Drama meetings.

I must admit I was initially drawn to the product's cute packaging (as always, I love products w/ cute packaging! ^_^).  Fortunately, the vendor had samples, so I could test the hand cream prior to purchasing it.

I decided to use the lavender hand cream first, and so far, I absolutely love it! Usually I don't care for products with a strong lavender scent, but this hand cream has a very mild pleasant lavender scent.

I also love this hand cream because it's not super thick and creamy. I love hand creams with shea butter, like L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream, because they're very moisturizing. However, I also find that they tend to leave my skin with a "greasy" feeling for a while afterwards. Rainbow Beauty's hand cream may leave your hands with a slight "greasy" feeling at first, but it absorbs quickly and the "greasy" feeling goes away after a couple minutes.





  • PRODUCT: Sense of Care Hand Cream (4 Scents Available: Olive, Lavender, Sakura & Rose). I purchased the lavender and rose scented hand creams. You can learn more about this product at the Rainbow Beauty Website.
  • SIZE: 1.18 oz - The perfect size to carry on the airplane and fit in your purse. This hand cream only comes in one size. 
  • FUNCTION: Each scented hand cream has a slightly different function/"skin benefit".
    • Olive - "The olive extract rejuvenates and moisturizes rough hands creating vibrant-looking hands. Absorbs quickly and protects your skin from dehydration."
    • Lavender - "The lavender extract rejuvenates and calms rough hands creating vibrant-looking hands. Absorbs quickly and protects your skin from dehydration."
    • Sakura - "The Sakura extract rejuvenates and moisturizes rough hands creating vibrant-looking hands. Absorbs quickly and protects your skin from dehydration."
    • Rose - "The rose extract and other flower extracts moisturize dry hands creating soft and smooth hands. Absorbs quickly and protects your skin from dehydration."
  • COST: The vendor I purchased my hands creams from was selling the hands creams as a set - 2 hand creams for $10.00 + 1 free facial mask. I looked at various websites on the Internet, and it seems that this hand cream is selling anywhere from $4.20 - $12.00 per bottle. 
  • OVERALL THOUGHTS ✯✯✯✯✯: Overall I love this product and I would have to give it a 5/5 - the packaging is cute, both scents that I bought are pleasant and mild (perfect for people who don't like hand creams with strong scents), reasonably priced, quickly absorbs and keeps my hands feeling very moisturized.

My $10.00 hand cream purchase also came with a free brightening sheet mask:


I've never used this brand, but it looks like a good sheet mask =P The vendor was also selling other sheet masks from this line at her booth. I believe these sheet masks were selling for $1.00 - $2.00 per mask. I love how the description and directions are written in English and Korean on the back of the mask - simple and easy to use!


The vendor also gave me free Daeng Gi Meo Ri shampoo and hair treatment samples. I am not sure how popular this brand is in Korea, but it is very popular among the Korean community in Hawaii. I know a lot of people who use this hair care line. I heard the smell of this "oriental shampoo" can be a little strong and perhaps a little strange for some people since it has a strong herbal scent, but I also heard a lot of good things about this shampoo. I am looking forward to trying it! ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment