Feb 21, 2015

Laneige Perfect Renew & Nature Republic Aqua Mist ♥ REVIEW

It has been such a long time since I last posted - more than a year ago! It is amazing how time flies. Work has been keeping me extremely busy, but that should not be an excuse T_T I have not been taking good care of my blog, and I apologize to any readers out there who may have been following my blog.

Over the last several months, I have not bought many new skin care products or make up. I did a major clean-up a couple months ago and reorganized my room. In the process of cleaning up, I found that I had a lot...actually not a lot, but TONS (really!) of samples and full size products that I did not use. I hate throwing away products that I did not use (even if it was free) - it is very wasteful. I did not weigh all the products I had thrown out, but I am quite sure that the total weight of everything I threw out that day was a little less than 10-15 pounds. I really wanted to cry T_T I could not believe that I had been that wasteful. Since that I day, I have been slowly going through all the products I have which I have not used. Below is a small review of some of the products I have been using recently:

-- Laneige Perfect Renew Line --

Over the last couple months, I have been using products from the Laniege Perfect Renew line. When I was cleaning up, I found that I had 2 boxes of the Laneige Perfect Renew Full Trial Kit which I never fully used (maybe I had previously used it only once or twice when I traveled). It was a free gift with purchase.

I loved the packaging of this trial kit - it contained small bottles of the full size products, and there were none of those super small samples that only last once or twice and come in that hard plastic packaging that is difficult to rip open (if you know what I mean). It is the perfect skin care travel kit!

The trial kit contained the following 5 products:

1) Laneige Perfect Renew Skin Refiner
2) Laneige Perfect Renew Emulsion
3) Laneige Perfect Renew Essence
4) Laneige Perfect Renew Cream
5) Laneige Perfect Renew Dual Touch Eyes

All the products came in a pretty white box which listed all the products in the trial kit and their ingredients on the back of the box. The products are also listed in the order that they should be used (Skin Refiner being step 1 and Dual Touch Eyes being step 5).

Laneige Perfect Renew Free Trial Kit - FrontLaneige Perfect Renew Free Trial Kit - Back

Each product contained a brief description and/or directions on how to use the product on the back, and all of the descriptions and directions were written in English which was a nice added bonus!

Laneige Perfect Renew ProductsLaneige Perfect Renew Products - Back

I previously purchased and used the Perfect Renew Essence before, but I have not tried any of the other products in this line. From what I have heard about this line, it is great for people who are interested in anti-aging products. According to the Laneige website, these products are "infused with LANEIGE’s exclusive anti-aging ingredients, Ceramide Corrective Water and Skin Recharger Complex™, are clinically proven to reverse visible signs of aging."

So far I have used up everything except the emulsion and "Dual Touch Eyes" eye cream samples. As a whole, all the products in the line are light and have a watery texture. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the cream was not thick or greasy, but very light and moisturizing - perfect for my oily to combination skin. I also enjoyed using the "Dual Touch Eyes" eye cream, which is packaged in two small separate containers -"Dual Touch Eye Day Cream" and "Dual Touch Eye Night Gel".

According to the description on the back, the "Dual Touch Eye Day Cream" has the following benefits:
  • Brightens eye area by gently absorbing into skin.
  • Gives anti-aging effect by preventing skin aging from UV light.

and Dual Touch Eye Night Gel has the following benefits:
  • Concentrated gel absorbs into skin caring first sign of aging.
  • Moisturizing and aging care penetrates deeply into the skin overnight, give smoothness to eye area.
Laneige Perfect Renew Dual Touch Eyes - Front
(Front)
Laneige Perfect Renew Dual Touch Eyes - Back
(Back)
I always purchase my Laneige products through our Amore Hawaii store at Palama Market; however, the Laneige website shows that the emulsion, cream, and a firming eye cream can be purchased through Target if you are interested in trying any of these products. The Laneige website shows that prices range from $35.00 (for the emulsion) to $55.00 (for the cream).

-- Nature Republic Aqua - Super Aqua Max Facial Mist --

I picked up this product on Black Friday last year while looking around the Nature Republic store at Ala Moana for a good facial mist. I love facial mists! They are easy to use, mess free, and most facial mists can be applied before or after putting on make up. If you like that dewy/moist type of look which is very popular in Korea, I recommend purchasing a facial mist. I often use a facial mist in the middle of the day, when my skin starts looking or feeling dry.

Description: This refreshing, cooling facial mist provides moisture to dry skin and revitalizes tired skin as its minute spray works on the entire face.

How to Use: Whenever the skin feels dry, spray to face while closing eyes, and gently pat to enhance absorption. It can be used after using our toner or after applying a makeup.

Costs: I can't remember exactly how much it cost; however, if I recall correctly, I believe the Black Friday price (10% off the regular price) was about $10.00 for the 3.38 fl. oz. can.

No comments:

Post a Comment